Vote SNP - we know where you live

Alasdair Allan

This is a private journal about all the exciting things that have happened to me since I stood as MSP for Gordon the Western Isles. I am dedicated to the people of Gordon the Western Isles, and there is nowhere else I would rather represent. I even intend to live there soon.

I am not to be mistaken for for that imposter who pretends to be an MSP.

I really like this dynamic and exciting blog layout, which suits me perfectly.

Thursday, October 4, 2007

Seachd: Inaccessible Pinnacle

How dare BAFTA refuse to put this film forward for an Oscar.

It may be badly written and directed, with poor sound and camera work, and the director's daughter might have had a major role in the film, and it might have no chance of recouping the taxpayers money invested in it, and BAFTA may have had two meetings before deciding that neither it nor the Welsh film were good enough to represent the UK, and I haven't actually seen it, and probably very few in the UK ever will, but...

It is in Gaelic and stars a constituent so it should have been nominated as the best foreign language film despite its many failings. And Gaelic not being a foreign language.

Press releases: 1
Phones calls from Kenny: 3
Pager instructions obeyed: 34

I've read my wise words this many times

* No, not really. If you haven't worked out that this is a satirical exercise, then please get a life. And find one for Alasdair.