Vote SNP - we know where you live

Alasdair Allan

This is a private journal about all the exciting things that have happened to me since I stood as MSP for Gordon the Western Isles. I am dedicated to the people of Gordon the Western Isles, and there is nowhere else I would rather represent. I even intend to live there soon.

I am not to be mistaken for for that imposter who pretends to be an MSP.

I really like this dynamic and exciting blog layout, which suits me perfectly.

Thursday, October 4, 2007

Photo in Gazette

Today's Stornoway Gazette has a lovely photo of me with the longest serving member and the youngest member in the Western Isles. Jean Brannigan has been a member since 1942 and Fergus MacPherson (the son of my election agent in Uist) is only 4 years old.

No-one mentions the fact that he wears nappies, cannot write his own name and has little idea who I am, and I suspect that Mrs Brannigan has the same issues, but we take the photo with me smiling as vacantly as one can when faced with voters who don't understand the importance of Gaelic in setting the tone for geo-political negotiations in the future.

Back in the office Kenny loves the photo and gives it the caption "Aon Tir, aon Canan, aon Daoine" which I explain to Mr Bruce later translates as "One land, one language, one people". I still have no idea why he asked me if I was a member of Combat 18.

Gaelic words spoken: 237
Hair gel used: 1 small tub
Councillors snubbed: 3

I've read my wise words this many times

* No, not really. If you haven't worked out that this is a satirical exercise, then please get a life. And find one for Alasdair.