Vote SNP - we know where you live

Alasdair Allan

This is a private journal about all the exciting things that have happened to me since I stood as MSP for Gordon the Western Isles. I am dedicated to the people of Gordon the Western Isles, and there is nowhere else I would rather represent. I even intend to live there soon.

I am not to be mistaken for for that imposter who pretends to be an MSP.

I really like this dynamic and exciting blog layout, which suits me perfectly.

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

New wave power development

I am appalled that nPower and Wavegen have had the temerity to bring forward a wave power scheme for the west coast of Lewis, without involving Mr Angus and I in a campaign against such a development. I have already spoken in Gaelic with one person who opposes this scheme as it might affect the view as he drives to his holiday home in Ness, and I intend to write to the Minister to express the extreme opposition of my constituents to this proposal. I will also provide him with a Gaelic translation of my letter, so that Mr Gordon Brown is not seen to be the only politician who can write letters in Gaelic.

The devilish scheme may very well have the support of the entire community, and provide innumerable benefits to the islands, the fishermen and pleasure boat users but there is no good reasons for building upside-down turbines in the sea other than as the thin end of the wedge to develop and build upside-down turbines on land in an effort to confuse me, and to try and sneak the wind farm through the Government.

I am now immediately officially launching a major campaign provisionally called "Seabeds without Turbines" in a blaze of publicity by writing a short note to the community councils asking them to phone me if they have the time to discuss how they can launch this campaign.

OOOOH! I am so angry.

Gaelic words spoken in a raised voice: 364
Cups of lemon and rosehip tea sipped: 1
Renewable energy projects opposed: Not enough!

I've read my wise words this many times

* No, not really. If you haven't worked out that this is a satirical exercise, then please get a life. And find one for Alasdair.