Vote SNP - we know where you live

Alasdair Allan

This is a private journal about all the exciting things that have happened to me since I stood as MSP for Gordon the Western Isles. I am dedicated to the people of Gordon the Western Isles, and there is nowhere else I would rather represent. I even intend to live there soon.

I am not to be mistaken for for that imposter who pretends to be an MSP.

I really like this dynamic and exciting blog layout, which suits me perfectly.

Friday, January 11, 2008

Audit Committee (very exciting!)

The Committee meeting went like a dream. The Chairperson was Welsh, but spoke with a Scottish accent, which confused me a lot. Thankfully he seemed ready for the questions I was told to ask, and although I didn’t recognise anyone, the questions were answered by the right person.

The meeting was in what I am told is the Council Chamber. I think I have been there once before, but given the unimportance of the Council, does it matter.

That nice Mr George Flukes was very helpful in directing me to all the right places in the building, and his notes which he passed to me were very helpful in making sure I knew what I was saying. Or more accurately, gave a good impression that I knew what I was talking about. I only got confused once, when I had to think for myself, but thankfully that doesn’t happen often.

Mr Flukes invited me for something called a f’ing large dram later, which I think is some kind of parliamentary bonding ritual, but I explained that I had to go home to my Horlicks. Apparently he was able to walk by lunchtime the next day, as his whisky allergy had cleared by then. Apparently, he has to have at least a gallon of his medication to see him through each day, just like fellow sufferer Ken Livingston.

Welsh SNP members met: 1
Gaelic words spoken: 17
Councillors met: None. Keep it that way.

I've read my wise words this many times

* No, not really. If you haven't worked out that this is a satirical exercise, then please get a life. And find one for Alasdair.