Vote SNP - we know where you live

Alasdair Allan

This is a private journal about all the exciting things that have happened to me since I stood as MSP for Gordon the Western Isles. I am dedicated to the people of Gordon the Western Isles, and there is nowhere else I would rather represent. I even intend to live there soon.

I am not to be mistaken for for that imposter who pretends to be an MSP.

I really like this dynamic and exciting blog layout, which suits me perfectly.

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Audit Committee (exciting!)

The Audit Committee of the Parliament are in Stornoway tomorrow, and for some reason they want me to attend! I am so excited that it appears that I have acquired a reputation for something.

Later Kenny tells me that they are meeting the Health Board, so I hope that no-one is unwell, as I know that the care you get in the Ospadal nan Eilean is not as good as my new BUPA care plan. Alan is excited by anything to do with the Health Board and repeatedly offers to get the nurses’ outfits from his flat for us to wear again. I have had to tell him that these uniforms are for the ‘special’ holidays, and he is despondent and distraught until he realises that the doctors might be in uniform.

Kenny passes me the list of spontaneous questions, provided by HQ, that I am to ask and a copy of the Press Release for tomorrow where Mr Angus comments in detail on his invaluable input into the careful considerations of the Committee. At least that is what it says in the briefing from HQ.

Press releases read: 10
Constituents met: 1
Instructions from HQ met in full: 37

I've read my wise words this many times

* No, not really. If you haven't worked out that this is a satirical exercise, then please get a life. And find one for Alasdair.