Vote SNP - we know where you live

Alasdair Allan

This is a private journal about all the exciting things that have happened to me since I stood as MSP for Gordon the Western Isles. I am dedicated to the people of Gordon the Western Isles, and there is nowhere else I would rather represent. I even intend to live there soon.

I am not to be mistaken for for that imposter who pretends to be an MSP.

I really like this dynamic and exciting blog layout, which suits me perfectly.

Thursday, November 15, 2007

The Budget

The budget was a rousing success, as I told Mr Angus so that he could issue a press statement about the events in the Chamber. Kenny was given a copy later, and changed it to include my name before sending it to the same journalists. And they say I play second fiddle to Mr Angus!

Mr John’s slogans and themes were ringing in my ears all last night as we new MSPs leftt he chamber chanting the snappy core message which encapuslates the promises Mr John will deliver, “Healthier, Wealthier, Faster, Smarter, Longer, Wider, Greener, Younger, Drier, Thinner, Soberer, Hungrier, Sunnier.”

He met everyone of my aspirations, it said in the press release that HQ have written for me, except for the absence of any mention of Gaelic. And not much money for RET. And nothing for the islands. And I really didn’t understand the rest, although the email sent to me before the announcement was very clear that I was to applaud when told to do so, and not talk to the press about anything I didn’t understand, which is why I have told Kenny to take messages from any journalists who phone, and not promise that I will return the call. Kenny laughed, “You think that they will call you?” which I think means he will filter the calls.

I've read my wise words this many times

* No, not really. If you haven't worked out that this is a satirical exercise, then please get a life. And find one for Alasdair.