Vote SNP - we know where you live

Alasdair Allan

This is a private journal about all the exciting things that have happened to me since I stood as MSP for Gordon the Western Isles. I am dedicated to the people of Gordon the Western Isles, and there is nowhere else I would rather represent. I even intend to live there soon.

I am not to be mistaken for for that imposter who pretends to be an MSP.

I really like this dynamic and exciting blog layout, which suits me perfectly.

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Fishing policy

I have today proclaimed my total support for the new SNP policy to support fishermen, as told to by HQ, and I intend to ensure that all the fishermen in the Western Isles appreciate the hard work and deep though that Mr Alex has put into his seven-point plan announced by Mr Richard:

  1. The SNP Government will immediately think about considering to set-up a task force to do something about the fishing industry (details to follow, much later)
  2. Subsidies for essential equipment for fishing boats operating from harbours in the constituencies of Mr Alex and Mr Richard (to be extended to other ports in 2020)
  3. The SNP will meet with and blame Westminister for fuel prices remaining too high, without the need to propose methods to alleviate this
  4. Talk to Europe about potential industry subsidies, despite these being illegal under European law (see 3 above)
  5. Mr Alex to invent a new engine that will make fishing boats more fuel efficient
  6. SNP Government to legislate for fish to breed and grow faster, quicker and smarter by reducing the number of fish in a shoal from an average of 4,300 to not more than 4,000 by 2030 by the use of early-intervention techniques (to be developed)
  7. All log books to be kept in Gaelic or Doric to discourage foreign boats raping the seabed encourage an international approach to the problem.
What a triumph this will be when I announce the proposals at the pier in Achmore tomorrow.

Gaelic words spoken: 17
Fish eaten: None, to preserve stocks
HQ press releases rehashed this week: 7

I've read my wise words this many times

* No, not really. If you haven't worked out that this is a satirical exercise, then please get a life. And find one for Alasdair.