Vote SNP - we know where you live

Alasdair Allan

This is a private journal about all the exciting things that have happened to me since I stood as MSP for Gordon the Western Isles. I am dedicated to the people of Gordon the Western Isles, and there is nowhere else I would rather represent. I even intend to live there soon.

I am not to be mistaken for for that imposter who pretends to be an MSP.

I really like this dynamic and exciting blog layout, which suits me perfectly.

Monday, September 10, 2007

An interesting letter

The Director of Education has told the Headteachers to ignore my letter.

How dare he?! Mr Alex is in charge of education in the Western Isles (although he has allowed Miss Fiona to make some decisions), and I am allowed to make decisions press releases on his behalf.

Apparently it is not right to write to the Teachers encouraging them to think about doing something about the possibility that the schools might close. How ridiculous that an MSP cannot suggest to Headteachers that they might want to consider phoning me, if they have nothing better to do. The Director is making it sound like I am trying to stir them into opposing the Council’s action, and suggesting that they ignore both the unions and the consultative programme.

How ridiculous! I know nothing about the consultation process, and I don’t see why the unions should have the monopoly on representing staff. In the new Scotland there is no need for unions, as Mr Alex will look after the workers, and make sure that people like the Director don’t act so badly towards their staff.

I mean, it’s not like I’m suggesting armed insurrection, strike action or even a petition. Or even a meeting with the department. There is no need for any such vigorous action when there is the possibility of a meeting that might substitute for action.

I will instruct Kenny to write another letter, reminding the Director that I am the MSP, and he is a lowly public employee, answerable to taxpayers like me.

I've read my wise words this many times

* No, not really. If you haven't worked out that this is a satirical exercise, then please get a life. And find one for Alasdair.