Vote SNP - we know where you live

Alasdair Allan

This is a private journal about all the exciting things that have happened to me since I stood as MSP for Gordon the Western Isles. I am dedicated to the people of Gordon the Western Isles, and there is nowhere else I would rather represent. I even intend to live there soon.

I am not to be mistaken for for that imposter who pretends to be an MSP.

I really like this dynamic and exciting blog layout, which suits me perfectly.

Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Being in Government

Back to the heady business of Government this week, after a mere eight weeks holiday.

I feel so proud and important to be such a tiny little cog in the important machinery of Mr Alex’s Government, and I am happy to do as instructed to ensure the smooth running of the Parliament.

I am summoned to meet Mr Bruce, who apparently is Chief Whipper, and he reminds me of that Mr Alex and him are watching my every move. I feel to honoured to have both these important men taking care of me at every step of the way, that the least I can do is promised – cross my heart, and hope to die – that I will be pleased to do exactly as they tell me.

I ask Kenny later what a Chief Whipper does. He tells me that Mr Angus has more experience in that field than he does, but he gave me a phone number for Miss Fifi for the next time I am in London.

I've read my wise words this many times

* No, not really. If you haven't worked out that this is a satirical exercise, then please get a life. And find one for Alasdair.