Vote SNP - we know where you live

Alasdair Allan

This is a private journal about all the exciting things that have happened to me since I stood as MSP for Gordon the Western Isles. I am dedicated to the people of Gordon the Western Isles, and there is nowhere else I would rather represent. I even intend to live there soon.

I am not to be mistaken for for that imposter who pretends to be an MSP.

I really like this dynamic and exciting blog layout, which suits me perfectly.

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Wind farms

A rude journalist phones me to ask about the Public Inquiry at Eishken.

How dare he know about this, when Mr Alex and Mr Angus have told me nothing about this trivial matter.

I tell him that I know nothing and if it was at all important then Mr Alex or Mr Angus would have told me what to think and say rather than, as he appallingly suggested, leaving me in the dark looking stupid and ill-informed. That told him.

Wind farms as an idea are stupid, as they will destroy the Gaelic culture and result in depopulation of the islands, as they told me at the last MWT meeting. I was deeply impressed by the number of pensioners who had moved here from the South of England and wanted to preserve Gaelic, as long as they didn't have to speak it, or hear it spoken. The told me that their new houses would depreciate in value dramatically as tourists were thrown into the turbines by Councillors as part of a satanic ritual.

I was deeply impressed by their sincerity and posh accents, having been a tourist here until -- well I still am!

Drove back to the rented house, slowly and carefully, pondering the fate of "That little bustard" that they kept talking about.

I've read my wise words this many times

* No, not really. If you haven't worked out that this is a satirical exercise, then please get a life. And find one for Alasdair.