Vote SNP - we know where you live

Alasdair Allan

This is a private journal about all the exciting things that have happened to me since I stood as MSP for Gordon the Western Isles. I am dedicated to the people of Gordon the Western Isles, and there is nowhere else I would rather represent. I even intend to live there soon.

I am not to be mistaken for for that imposter who pretends to be an MSP.

I really like this dynamic and exciting blog layout, which suits me perfectly.

Friday, July 27, 2007

Harry Potter

I had just finished colouring in my Thunderbirds book, without going beyond the lines, when I suddenly realised that I had nothing in the house to read.

I had read An Gruffalò, twice in the original Gaelic, and most of the rest of Acair's output was looking well worn and sorry for itself, when I heard about a new Harry Potter book being printed.

I know, I'll write to the publishers and ask them to publish me a copy in Gaelic so that I can understand what is going on. Well, I would if they sent me a summary of previous books, so I would know who was who.

Kenny issued a press release on my behalf pointing out that the publishers were acting like fascists to the public in the Western Isles by creating an pseudo-apartheid state by not issuing "Tha Harrie Potter agam". I had to reprimand him severely for getting my name wrong, and I mumbled "I am not Draco Allan" at him, to force the correction.

He applauded my press release saying "Angus Peter Campbell will have your nuts for supporting the local writers." Rhona growled pleasantly at him for this good advice.

I've read my wise words this many times

* No, not really. If you haven't worked out that this is a satirical exercise, then please get a life. And find one for Alasdair.