Vote SNP - we know where you live

Alasdair Allan

This is a private journal about all the exciting things that have happened to me since I stood as MSP for Gordon the Western Isles. I am dedicated to the people of Gordon the Western Isles, and there is nowhere else I would rather represent. I even intend to live there soon.

I am not to be mistaken for for that imposter who pretends to be an MSP.

I really like this dynamic and exciting blog layout, which suits me perfectly.

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Gaelic TV

I am so very cross with the BBC for not supporting without reservation the creation of the digital Gaelic BBC channel that I can barely speak.

Kenny is raging, quietly, rocking gently in the window of the office and staring at passers by with a look of sheer anger and contempt. Some of the party members have already commented that Kenny reminds them of the Bates Motel, a reference I do not understand. He can only mumble a few words in Gaelic, mainly about sheep, and staggers out to have a fag every fifteen minutes. He is supposed to hand out leaflets to potential voters and to engage with potential voters but the fug of smoke and his incessant rambling, allied to the cursing and swearing about the latest developments, I feel may be counter productive.

Rhona is constantly phoning Mr Angus, and between giggles is loudly cursing in words I still cannot find in the dictionary in either English or Gaelic. Mr Angus is sure that the latest decision is a deliberate attempt to get at him, and he feels that an important, cutting and incisive press release might be necessary. Rhona will do that sometime next week, but in the meantime we have spoken to our mole in the Gazette who will ensure that our views are carried even before we issue the statement.

I intend to write to the Minister, in Gaelic, demanding that such public consultations are a nonsense and that he should respect the views of the majority as reflected in the opinion of the elected representative, irrespective of what others say, or common sense dictates, and without consideration of the cost to the public purse or the public good, or without considering legal obligations or financial constraints, and do as Mr Angus has promised his constituents he will deliver. Even though he was never in the position to do so, and hasn't really tried to achieve it, or met with the relevant bodies, or done much beyond issuing press releases.

I am so irate I will have to have another cup of camomile tea, which Rhona advises is very relaxing after a session with a politician. She is right as I snooze, satisfied, thinking of Mr Angus.

TV channels cancelled: 1
Angry Gaelic words spoken to Kenny: 23
Fags smoked by Kenny: 85 (full-strength with filters ripped off)

I've read my wise words this many times

* No, not really. If you haven't worked out that this is a satirical exercise, then please get a life. And find one for Alasdair.